Security and Anti-Harassment Policy
Effective date: January 1, 2020
The safety and security of our staff, exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees is our top priority. We work closely with the venue, security, and law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
Gather Up Events has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment of any kind.
EVERYONE ATTENDING OUR EVENT(S) SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING SECURITY MEASURES:
- Security will be onsite at all times to assist you during all aspects of the event.
- Everyone must wear their bracelets at all times. This includes exhibitors, vendors, attendees, guests (speakers, talent, artists), professionals, press, staff, and crew.
- A fully operational security team following our vetted procedures is in place at the event.
- Bag checks may occur at the event at any time.
- Walkthrough or handheld scanners may be used at the event.
- Uniformed and undercover security may be in attendance at the event.
- Uniformed and undercover Police may be in attendance at the event.
- Canine Security and detection may be used in or around the event.
EVERYONE ATTENDING IS REQUESTED TO:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended.
- If you see something, say something. Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to staff or security immediately.
- Remain patient and courteous during security checks and follow the instructions of event staff and security at all times.
- Properly dispose of your event badge inside the venue or keep it as a souvenir – please do not sell it to scalpers or throw it away in trash cans outside the venue where it could be picked up.
- Carry a valid form of photo ID at all times.
EVERYONE ATTENDING THE EVENT SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING ANTI-HARASSMENT POLICY:
Gather Up Events has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments
- Physical assault and/or battery
- Harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- Disruption of panels, signings, or any other events
- Bathroom policing
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome physical attention
- Hate symbols
In relation, but not limited to:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Gender presentation
- Sexual orientation
- Body size
Whether a behavior violates this policy shall be determined solely by Gather Up Events in its sole discretion.
If a person engages in harassing behavior, Gather Up Events staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from the event with no refund. This policy applies to EVERYONE at the event, including exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, press, staff, crew, and security.
Anyone can report harassment. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness the same happening to someone else, you should immediately contact the event staff, the security team, or a crew member.
When necessary, Gather Up Events staff will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the rest of the event.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org